United Airlines, Inc. has its headquarters at Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois, and is a company of the US. It operates nationally and internationally and has been considered one of the top-notch flight service providers in the country. Read the following to know more about the check-in policies, baggage policy, and so much more followed by United Airlines!
What is the United Airlines Carry-on Baggage policy?
- One can carry one carry-on baggage not exceeding 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm)
- Along with one personal item, 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches (22 cm x 25 cm x 43 cm).
- You can carry this in a Basic Economy ticket,
- Along with this, you can carry your handy bag on board which can be kept in your overhead cabin or under the front seat.
What about the oversized baggage and overweight luggage?
- Baggage with a maximum of dimensions measuring more than 115 inches (292 cm) shall not be accepted as checked baggage.
- Except in the cases of assistive devices and musical instruments, the airline shall not accept the luggage weighing more than 100 lbs. (45 kg)
- Musical instruments up to 165 lbs. (75 kg) shall only be accepted.
- Assistive devices are accepted free of cost.
- You should only carry hand luggage that can fit the overhead cabin or under the front seat.
- Suppose you have any luggage that goes beyond the prescribed dimensions. In that case, it shall be the United Airlines' discretion to allow it depending on the capacity and the space available in the flight.
What are the available Check-in options?
There are several ways to check-in for United flights depending on where you are and where you are flying.
- 24 hours before departure
- At the airport, between 30 minutes to 24 hours before the departure of the flight
- You can get yourself check-in through the mobile app
- You can get checked in at the curbside of the airport
- You can also get assistance at the Desk of united airlines.
- Print your boarding pass yourself if you are doing a self-check-in
- You can also get your boarding pass at the desk counter that has been explicitly marked for the United Airlines
How can you book an United Airlines flight?
- Visit the United Airlines official website
- Go to the flight reservation tab,
- Go to the homepage
- Search for your preferred flight
- Write your departure city and the date of travel.
- Choose the flight details according to your preference.
- After filing in the personal information and passport details in your account
- Next, you will need to set up the payment for your flight booking.
- Once you've completed the payment at the flight portal
- You will receive an email with a confirmation number and payment bill.
- Now all you have to do is check-in at the airport before the flight.