Air Canada is the largest airline in Canada if measured by fleet and passenger size. The main headquarter is in Saint Laurent, Montreal, Canada. The airline started in 1937 and is now providing networked destinations to more than 207 destinations. Read more to know about what is the baggage policy of Air Canada and what are the ways to check in with Air Canada!
What is the baggage policy for Air Canada?
You are supposed to follow these conditions while traveling:
- One baggage as carrying on
- The baggage should not be beyond 62 inches(Length plus width along with height)
- The weight of baggage should not be more than 50 pounds.
What are the ways to check-in?
You can check-in in three ways:
- You have to check-in before 24 hours of your departure time
- Print your boarding pass at home
- Or get it at the airport kiosk
- Tag checked bags
- Proceed to the gate for departure.
- Check-in before 24 hours before your departure time
- Get your boarding pass
- Check-in your bags
- Straight directly to the departure gate after check-in
Airport Self-Serve Kiosk
- Check-in before 12 hours of the flight up till the departure
- Get your boarding pass printed
- Check-in your bags
- It can be done till 30 minutes that is the check-in deadline
What are the services offered during Check-in?
- You can Purchase your standard or Preferred seat
- Indicate the number of bags you are carrying
- Pay your baggage fees.
- Make a same-day change on the booking you have made
- Add, renew or change your Aeroplan or another frequent flyer number
- Have your boarding pass sent to your device
How can you book an Air Canada flight?
- Visit the Air Canada official website.
- Go to the flight reservation tab.
- Visit the homepage
- Now search for your preferred flights.
- Enter your departure city
- Choose your date of travel.
- Choose the flight details according to your preference.
- After filing in the personal information
- Along with passport details in your account.
- Next, you will need to set up the payment for the flight that you have booked.
- Once you've completed the payment at the website
- You will receive an email with a confirmation number and payment bill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can you book flights with Air Canada?
Book your flights through the Air Canada website at the check-in. You can also select a seat during booking. But if you cannot get a preferred seat, you can try to get it changed at the airport kiosk, too, as it will depend upon the availability of the seat.
Can you book flights almost immediately before departure?
Yes, you can, but you have to look into the airlines policies as the immediate flights can have high fare. It can be bought through airport kiosks and also the web.
Do flight prices go down at night?
You can avail great prices at Tuesday midnight as it is the cheapest day of the week and after Tuesday; the week actually gets more expensive.