British Airways is a legacy carrier in the UK and has its main quarters in London, England. The second-largest flight as per the passenger fleet size and connecting ports. Read more to know what is the check-in policies, baggage policies, etc.
What are the essentials for the online check-in for British Airways?
- Check-in 1-24 hours before your flight not inclusive of flights to/from the US
- Check-in 2-23 hours before your flight is planned to depart to or from the United States.
- You have booked your ticket directly with British Airways
- You have booked it through a Travel Agent.
- Make sure you have enough time to check in your luggage through security.
Is there a way to check in your bags through the online system?
- Make sure you drop at the Fast drop service.
- Or you can drop your luggage at the self-check-in kiosk
- It should be done 2-23 hours before the departure time.
What are the ways to change or get a preferred seat in online check?
- You can select your seat within 24 hours before your departure time
- You can reserve your seat before seven days as well
- If you are a silver member, you can also book at the time of booking
- If you are a gold member, you can book your preferred seat during the time of booking except for the exit seats.
Is there a way for mobile check-in at British Airways?
- You can visit the app or
- You can open the browser
- Login to your account
- You will see the check-in option
- Enter your details.
- It could also be done at the self-check-in kiosk.
- Print your boarding pass
And you are ready to depart after entering the gate!
What is the baggage policy in British Airways?
The Carry-On Allowance policy includes:
- You have a handbag/ laptop carry on
- Standard carry luggage
Both of these carry-ons are free of cost.
What is the size Restriction for baggage policy?
- Your personal item cannot be beyond 16 x 12 x 6 inches (40 x 30 x 15 cm), and the weight cannot exceed 51 pounds (23 kg)
- Your standard carry on luggage shall be well within 22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm), and the weight should not exceed 51 pounds (23 kg)
- Your lap carry on should not be 22 x 18 x 10 inches (56 x 45 x 25 cm) and weigh beyond 51 pounds (23 kg)
- One additional bag shall be allowed.
How can you book a British Airways flight?
- Visit the British Airways official website.
- Go to the flight reservation tab.
- Visit the homepage,
- Now search for your preferred flights.
- Enter your departure city
- Choose your date of travel.
- Choose the flight details according to your preference.
- After filing in the personal information and passport details in your account.
- Next, you will need to set up the payment for your flight that you have booked.
- Once you've completed the payment at the website
- You will receive an email with a confirmation number and payment bill.